It looks like yet another Sushant Singh Rajput’s movie is heading for an OTT platform release. The actor’s last movie ‘Drive’, also starring Jacqueline Fernandez, was released on Netflix earlier this year and was universally panned.

According to the latest reports, actor’s upcoming movie ‘Dil Bechara’ might release on the streaming platform as well. 

Earlier titled ‘Kizie Aur Manny’, the movie is a remake of Hollywood movie ‘The Fault in Our Stars’, which in turn was a big-screen adaptation of John Green’s best-selling novel of the same name. The movie stars Sushant Singh Rajput and debutant Sanjana Sanghi. The movie is directed by casting director Mukesh Chhabra.

Now titled ‘Dil Bechara’, the movie was initially was scheduled to release on November 29, but now reportedly it has been pushed to next year. 

While the makers have not revealed a specific release for pushing the release dates to 2020, they have called it a last-minute decision. A source close to the development told Pinkvilla, “Dil Bechara will not release on November 29 anymore. There have been last minute changes and the team needs a little more time for the post production of the film. So they have collectively decided to shift the movie to an early 2020 date instead. The announcement will be officially made soon.”

A source said to Bollywood Hungama that he release of the movie on OTT will be a bad news to everyone associated with the movie.

The source says, “After Drive, producer Fox may offload Dil Bechara on an OTT platform. It would be a double blow for Sushant Singh Rajput. Several careers are at stake. Debutante Sanjana Sanghi, and casting director Mukesh Chhabra makes his directorial debut. The OTT platform would be doom for all concerned.”

The source went on to say that Sushant Singh Rajput is not happy with the movie as the difference this time around, as compared to Drive, is that Sushant has reportedly ‘given a moving performance’ in the film, about two terminally ill lovers. 

But like ‘Drive’, ‘Dil Bechara’ has also been plagued by production troubles. Chhabra was accused of sexual misconduct during the #MeToo movement, and production was delayed while an investigation was made into the allegations. Chhabra was eventually cleared of any wrongdoing and returned to complete the shoot.

It was also reported that Sushant had made Sanjana uncomfortable on the sets of the film, which the debutante denied in a social media post. Chhabra, too, tweeted in Sushant’s defence, “I totally stand by @itsSSR - no such incident happened on the sets and let’s not have a Twitter trial and make an innocent person suffer for somebody else’s ulterior motives I had clarified this on twitter long back and I still maintain it.”

However, there is no official confirmation about the same.